Friday, December 4, 2015

William Blake/Quotes

 
cranes in Japan
 photo by tetu
 
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/Grus_japonensis_and_chick_-San_Diego_Zoo-8a.jpg
 
 
Grus_japonensis_-Hokkaido,_Japan_-several-8_(1)
 
 
 
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.
 
Love seeketh not itself to please, nor for itself hath any care, but for another gives its ease, and builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.
 
Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night.
 
It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.
 
A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees.
 
Those who control their passions do so because their passions are weak enough to be controlled.
 
I was angry with my friend: I told my wrath, my wrath did end. I was angry with my foe: I told it not, my wrath did grow.
 
Eternity is in love with the productions of time.
 
If a thing loves, it is infinite.
 
Without contraries is no progression. Attraction and repulsion, reason and energy, love and hate, are necessary to human existence.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment